This Sweet Heat Cashew Chicken and Quinoa is a deliciously healthy and perfect for a weeknight meal! With just the right amount of heat, this is one the whole family will love.
I'm feeling a little nervous and excited right now.
I just hit publish on my very first post for my new website. You know, the one I've been mentioning I was going to start since 2012. I finally think I have the time to do it and it is going to be so, so fun to talk about something new. Not that I don't love quinoa, but it isn't ALL we eat around our house. 🙂 Shocking, I know.
I won't be ditching Cooking Quinoa though. Nothing will be changing around here. I'm just going to be flexing my culinary chops on things other than quinoa in a new space.
The new website isn't quite ready to share yet, but when it is you guys will be the first to know.
Until then, I have to share a recipe with you that I absolutely love.
This Sweet Heat Cashew Chicken & Quinoa totally rocked my world. I have never made Stir Fry on a regular basis, but I can assure you that is about to change. One tip when making the recipe is to make sure you have all of your ingredients prepped ahead of time. The cooking time flies by and you don't want to be chopping veggies when they should be in the pan!
If You Like This Chicken and Quinoa You May Also Like:
Cashew Chicken and Quinoa
Sweet Heat Cashew Chicken and Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Braggs aminos coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into cubes (or tempeh)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, arrowroot powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl whisk together rice vinegar, honey, amines or tamarri and Sriracha. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil and sesame oil and heat to medium high. Add chicken or tempeh and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high and add broccoli, garlic, onion and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cashews and green onions.
- Add vinegar mixture to chicken. Toss to coat. Divide quinoa among serving bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.