I’ve often talked about how I am never without pizza crusts in my freezer.
They are my secret weapon for the “what’s for dinner” question.
We usually have pizza several times a month, but I also love them to make these cinnamon bites, garlic knots and the Veggie Roll with Quinoa Crust I’m sharing with you today.
This is a great gluten free appetizer to take along to your holiday gatherings.
Veggie Quinoa Pizza Roll
- 1 pound quinoa pizza crust
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 ounces fresh spinach or kale
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 roasted red peppers chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese crumbled OR Daiya mozzarella
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese OR vegan parmesan substituted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Marinara for serving
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add onion. Cook for 8 minutes. Add spinach or kale and cook until wilted. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with roasted red peppers.
- Roll pizza crust into a large rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper, using gluten free flour as needed to avoid sticking. Spread vegetable mixture evenly, leaving a 1 inch border. Top with mozzarella and ½ of the Parmesan and sprinkle with oregano and red chili flakes.
- Fold the short ends of the dough in and roll the long end, using the parchment paper as needed to assist in rolling. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Use a pizza peel or back of a cookie sheet, transfer parchment paper to your pizza stone.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.