I’ve often talked about how I am never without pizza crusts in my freezer.
They are my secret weapon for the “what’s for dinner” question.
We usually have pizza several times a month, but I also love them to make these cinnamon bites, garlic knots and the Veggie Roll with Quinoa Crust I’m sharing with you today.
This is a great gluten free appetizer to take along to your holiday gatherings.
These veggie quinoa pizza rolls are a great gluten free appetizer for any party or holiday gathering.
- 1 pound quinoa pizza crust
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 ounces fresh spinach or kale
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 roasted red peppers chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese crumbled OR Daiya mozzarella
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese OR vegan parmesan substituted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Marinara for serving
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add onion. Cook for 8 minutes. Add spinach or kale and cook until wilted. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with roasted red peppers.
- Roll pizza crust into a large rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper, using gluten free flour as needed to avoid sticking. Spread vegetable mixture evenly, leaving a 1 inch border. Top with mozzarella and ½ of the Parmesan and sprinkle with oregano and red chili flakes.
- Fold the short ends of the dough in and roll the long end, using the parchment paper as needed to assist in rolling. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Use a pizza peel or back of a cookie sheet, transfer parchment paper to your pizza stone.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.
Servings 12, Calories 156, Fat 5.4g, Carbohydrates 18.7g, Protein 10.3g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 365mg, Fiber 2g, Sugars 1.1g