It is hard for me to believe that Skye is four weeks old today.
I actually cried this morning at how fast it is all going. (Yeah, you should pity my husband. I’ve got hormones and I know how to use’em.) While I look forward to the time when I can sleep again, I also am savoring every snuggle and wanting to freeze time because it is so precious.
It has been a crazy four weeks that in some ways feels more like four months. I’m slowly starting to feel more like myself again – getting back into the kitchen a (little) bit and doing “normal” things like grocery shopping and taking the boys to lunch. Oh, and we drove two days to the mountains. (Which is actually weirdly normal for me…)
She’s an easy baby who loves to go, which is a very good thing in this family. It’s a family joke now that she get’s in the car and says “I wanna go fast Daddy!” because she loves nothing more than movement. In our family of five she made it through our trip with the least fussing. Yes, I fussed more than my infant.
I’m not proud of it folks but that is what sleeping in two hour stretches does for you.
I’ve got two more weeks before I start thinking about losing baby weight, and right now I’m trying to ease back into being more conscious of what I’m eating. Of course for me, there is no chance of sacrificing taste.
These Veggie Quinoa Quesadillas are loaded with my favorite ingredients.
Not only are they tasty, but they also really work for me right now because the filling can be made ahead and then when I find myself enjoying a 30 minute baby snooze I can quickly whip up lunch for myself or the boys. Oh, and did I mention they are a great way to be sneaky with veggies for your little ones?
I hope you all have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!
Veggie Quinoa Quesadillas
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 red pepper OR 2 poblano chilies seeded and chopped
- 2 summer squash diced
- 1 cup fresh corn or frozen thawed corn
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 large gluten free tortillas or whole wheat
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar or Daiya shreds
- Guacamole Salsa, Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream for serving (optional)
- Spray a large skilled with olive oil. Add onion and cook for 8 minute. Add pepper or chiles and cook for 5 minutes longer. Add squash and cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Add corn, quinoa, garlic and chipotle powder and cook for 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and add in tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Spray well with olive oil spray. Sprinkle cheese on half of each tortilla and top with vegetable mixture. Fold in half and place in skillet. Cook until browned and flip. Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is brown.
Recipe NotesServings 8, Calories 322, Fat 12.8g, Carbohydrates 39.9g, Protein 12.2g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 344mg, Fiber 4.7g, Sugars 3.6g (Based on 130 calorie tortilla)