Vetiver Essential Oil is calming, grounding and can help restore vitality. Here is what you need to know about using it.When Vetiver and I first met, it most definitely was NOT love at first sniff.
Today, I'm happy to say we have a great relationship. In fact, I just may be a tinsy bit in love.
That just goes to show you that getting to know someone can do amazing things.
In the early days, I found the smell of Vetiver to be....well, gross.
Like teenage boy gym socks gross.
And it annoyed me just as much as a remember from many a teenage boy back in the day.
(Yes, I can remember back that far. Stop snickering.)
Unlike most oils, Vetiver does not play nice when it comes to dripping from the bottle. In fact, it can be downright obstinate and requires more patience that I have when I'm looking to be soothed.
Still, I had a bottle and gosh-darn-it I was going to use the sucker.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I've fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
Then I noticed something. Was it my imagination or was I actually sleeping better on the nights I
suffered through putting put Vetiver on my feet? Did it actually have the ability to calm both me and the kids when we were all out of sorts during the day?
Did my bottle start to smell better magically?
Yep, I was hooked.
These days, I actually adore the smell. As in crave it when I run out of it, sniffing the empty bottle kinda adoration.
Here's what you need to know about Vetiver Essential Oil!
Blends well with: Lavender, Balance, Cypress, Black Pepper
Therapeutic Properties for Vetiver Essential Oil:
- CNS - calming to the central nervous system
- Cooling - Cools area
- Grounding - Connected to self
- Immunostimulant - Supports healthy immune function
- Skin Healing - Helps the skin to heal
- Tonic - Strengthens and restores vitality
- Connection with oneself and the earth
- Promotes relaxation
- Grounds and protects
Traditional Uses for Vetiver:
- Historically used as a perfume in India
- Supports healthyimmune function
- Excellent for skin care
Application of Vetiver Essential Oil:
Dilute to a maximum of 50%. Recommended Dilution 5%.
Specific Uses for Vetiver Essential Oil:
- May be used along with Frankincense and Rosemary to support healthy memory function. Simply apply 1 to 2 drops of each to the base of the neck, crown of the heat and behind the ears 2 to 4 times daily.
- Parents report that they believe Vetiver has helped their child improve focus and attention. Apply lavender, Frankincense and Vetiver (2 drops each) to the neck, brain stem and head 4 times daily.
- Useful in promoting healthy sleep.
Caution with Vetiver Essential Oil:
Difficult to diffuse, typically will clog electric diffusers, though you can add it to a diffusing blend. It's base note and diffuses slowly so it adds longevity to blends. Stores well and actually gets better with age.
No currently known contraindications or interactions.
I love vertiver too, ot reminds me of Leather, i love to diffuse it together with Canaga,