about the recipe
When you are craving light and fluffy burger buns, let your bread machine do all the heavy lifting! These homemade Bread Machine Hamburger Buns are surprisingly easy to make and are perfect for your next grill out. Make them once, and you may never buy hamburger buns again.
– 3/4 cup whole milk 185 ml – 1/2 cup water 135 ml – 1 large egg beaten – 1 egg yolk beaten – 2 1/2 tablespoons butter softened (35 g) – 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt 9g – 3 1/2 cups bread flour 525 g, plus 2 tablespoons more for shaping – 2 tablespoons sugar 26 g – 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast 9g – Topping – 1 egg or reserved egg white, beaten. – Sesame seeds optional
and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order they are listed. Select the dough cycle and hit start.
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a bun pan. – When the cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and place on a pastry mat sprinkled with flour.
Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
– Shape each piece into a tight ball and roll the dough into circles.
– Arrange on the prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
– Brush with the egg, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. – Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. – Preheat the oven to 375 ° F while the buns are resting. – Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown.