about the recipe
I can't stop thinking about this Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken. Smoky seasoned chicken topped with tangy barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, and crunchy bacon for a deliciously easy dish that every cook needs in their repertoire. This cheesy chicken is simple but unforgettable!
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or sweet paprika – 1 teaspoon salt of choice – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1 tablespoon avocado oil or any high heat oil – 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast – ¼ cup BBQ Sauce – 7 ounces sliced cheddar cheese – 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
– Preheat the oven to 400° F.
– In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
– Rub the spice mixture over the chicken breasts. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
– Remove from the heat and carefully spread the BBQ sauce over the chicken. Top with the cheese slices and bacon.
– Cook in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken registers 160° F with an instant-read thermometer.
– Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Get More Recipes