about the recipe
There's something incredibly comforting about diving into a dish of gooey, cheesy baked ziti. But the process of boiling, sautéing, baking... it can be a bit much for a busy weeknight. That's where Crock Pot Baked Ziti comes to the rescue! With a little prep and your trusty slow cooker, you can enjoy a bubbling, meaty pot of pasta even on the busiest of nights.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil – ½ large yellow onion diced (or 1 small) – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 pound ground beef – 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 ½ cups beef broth – 2 cups marinara – ½ cup half and half – 16 ounces ziti – 8 ounces shredded mozzarella – 2 ounces grated parmesan
– Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat, or using the saute function of your slow cooker. – Add the onion, can cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
– Add the ground beef, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. – Cook, stirring often, until the meat is browned.
– Transfer the meat to your slow cooker or hit cancel if you were using the saute function.
– Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours, or high for 3.