about the recipe
Master the art of preparing mouthwatering Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a smooth and creamy texture in just 30 minutes. This foolproof recipe will guide you through each step, ensuring perfect mashed potatoes every time. Thanks to the magic of your electric pressure cooker, you’ll transform ordinary potatoes into an extraordinary side dish that will elevate any meal and leave your guests coming back for more.
– 3 pounds yellow potatoes – ½ cup broth – 8 cloves garlic peeled and smashed – ¼ cup unsalted butter sliced and divided – 2 teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 4 ounces cream cheese cubed – 2 tablespoons half and half plus more as needed
– Peel your potatoes and cut them into cubes. Pour the broth in the inner pot to your Instant Pot.
– Add the potatoes, smashed garlic, 1 tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper.
– Place the lid on your Instant Pot and seal it. Set your Instant Pot to MANUAL HI pressure for 8 minutes.
– When the time is up, do an instant release. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to the desired consistency.
– Add more half and half as desired to reach the desired consistency.