about the recipe
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with this creamy and delicious Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe. Perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends, this recipe combines tender elbow noodles with three types of cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan. Made in the Instant Pot, this mac and cheese is ready in just a fraction of the time it takes to make it on the stovetop. With its rich and velvety sauce and perfectly cooked noodles, this will become your new go-to recipe for mac and cheese cravings.
– 3 cups chicken broth – 16 ounces elbow noodles – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon ground mustard – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk – ½ cups whole milk – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– Pour the broth in your Instant Pot. Add the elbow noodles, salt, garlic powder, mustard, and black pepper.
– Close the lid and select pressure. Make sure your pressure valve is set to sealing.
– Cook on HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. Do an instant release and carefully open the lid. – Stir in the evaporate milk, and whole milk.
– Add half of the cheese, and stir well. – Continue adding the cheese, stirring until it is all incorporated.
– Place the lid on the pot for 5 minutes, to allow the flavors to combine. – Optional: If you like, you can add additional cheese on top and use your Instant Pot air fryer lid to melt.
– Serve warm.