One of my favorite things to do in the fall is bake cookies and watch a movie with the kids.
The boys and I have been working our way through the Harry Potter series for the last couple of weeks, which has been a fun addition to Christmas movies. (But we’ve still been watching lots of those!)
Last night we put up our tree and things are feeling very festive around our house now. So today the boys and I decided to stray from our usual Chocolate Chip Cookies and make these White Chocolate & Peppermint Covered Chocolate Cookies.
They were such a hit with all three kids and certainly got us all in the mood for holiday baking.
Now that the boys are getting skilled in the kitchen, holiday baking is more fun than ever.
Even though they aren’t gluten-free, they were good sports about making these cookies gluten-free so we could all enjoy them.
I love how easy they were to put together, thanks to Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
I love all of Bob’s Red Mill products and am a huge fan of this gluten-free flour blend. It is such a time saver to be able to reach in the pantry for flour, rather than having to mix four our more flours to create a delicious gluten-free baked good. I love that the 1-to-1 baking flour is perfectly formulated for baked goods that have great taste and texture. There are no additional specialty ingredients or customs recipes required.
The flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum to help create chewy cookies and springy muffins. I have long been a fan of sorghum flour because the protein content helps to give baked goods an almost wheat-like texture. It aids in browning too!
White Chocolate & Pepperming Covered Chocolate Cookies #BobsHolidayCheerClick To Tweet
This White Chocolate & Peppermint Covered Chocolate Cookies are so festive and make a great addition to your holiday entertaining. I love that the dough can be made ahead of time – perfect for a kids cookie decorating party!
White Chocolate & Peppermint Covered Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor with the dough blade. Pulse to combine. Add butter slowly to form a crumbly mixture. With the food processor running, drizzle in cream and vanilla.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and form into a log. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice cookies to desired thickness. Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- In the top of a double boiler, add white chocolate and butter. Cook over medium-low heat until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring often. Remove from heat and spread over the top of the cookies. Top with peppermint and allow to sit until the chocolate is set.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.