Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
This Thai Chicken Salad recipe has a spicy Ginger-Lime dressing that will find yourself hopelessly addicted too! Tossed Napa cabbage, red pepper, carrots, and scallions and topped with fresh basil, cilantro, and cashews, you have a healthy chicken salad recipe that feels like anything but a sacrifice.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 carrots grated
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews toasted and chopped
Heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes.
Add chicken and saute until browned and the chicken is fully cooked.
Allow to cool and shred chicken
Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add honey to taste. (You may also make the dressing in a food processor or blender.)
In a large bowl combine cabbage, red pepper, carrots, scallions, basil, cilantro and chicken. Toss with dressing. Top with cashews and serve.
Tips and Variations for Making a Thai Chicken Salad
- Don't like cilantro? Substitute green onions.
- If you want to make this Thai Chicken Salad a little heartier, try adding in rice noodles.
- The chicken can easily be cooked ahead in the slow cooker! Try cooking it on low for four hours, adding in a little broth or water for extra moisture.
- Make it Vegan by substituting cooked and crumbled Tempeh or using Gardein Chicken Scallopini.
- If a Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce is more your thing, make the recipe as instructed and substitute in this Peanut Sauce.
- Skip the fish sauce in the dressing and instead use soy sauce. (Or gluten free tamari. Make sure it is organic!)
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1248mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 9185IU | Vitamin C: 51.4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg