Healthy Fajita Bowls
A healthy and delicious meal that you can make in 30 minutes or less! This Healthy Fajita Bowls is a real crowd pleaser.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Chicken or Tempeh
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 ounces chicken or tempeh
- 2 bell peppers red or green, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt dairy or non-dairy, or sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 cups cooked quinoa warm or room temperature
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded or queso fresco, crumbled (or Daiya)
- 1 avocado quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
In a large plastic ziplock bag, combine lime juice, tamari, olive oil, cumin, and chili powder. Add chicken or tempeh and marinade in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or up to 4.
Spray a large skillet with high heat safe cooking oil and heat to medium high. Add chicken or tempeh and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and tent with foil.
Add peppers, onion and jalapeño to the skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender and browning.
Slice chicken into strips, cutting against the grain.
Make sauce by combining yogurt, garlic and taco seasoning in a small bowl.
Place 3/4 cup quinoa in four bowls. Top with peppers and chicken, cheese and avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with sauce.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 1027mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2338IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 4mg