Blueberry Quinoa Crumble
Toasting quinoa flour does away with its strong smell and brings out a rich nutty flavor. To toast, place the flour on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread into a layer no more than 1/4 inch. Bake at 220 degrees for 90 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator or freezer. Toasting is optional and for flavor only.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or frozen thawed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon toasted quinoa flour or flour of choice
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Butter or butter of choice
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice sugar or granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl toss blueberries and quinoa flour. Place in a baking dish and dot with butter.
In a food processor combine quinoa flakes, cooked quinoa, pecans, salt, coconut palm sugar, evaporated cane juice sugar, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Process until well combined.
Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with coconut vanilla ice cream if desired.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.8mg