Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
If you love healthy Mexican food as much as I do, you are going to love these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas! You will love how easy these Sheet Pan Fajitas are to make. They have become a regular family meal at our house, and they just may become one at your house too!
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Southwestern seasoning see note
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers one each green, red, and yellow, cut into strips
- 3 large onions sliced (or 6 small)
- For serving: tortillas cheddar cheese, sour cream, limes, cilantro, avocado
Place chicken strips in a shallow dish.
In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, avocado oil, garlic, and Southwestern seasoning. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the marinade.
Pour remaining marinade over chicken and marinate 30 minutes to up to 2 hours.
Place a sheet pan in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
Carefully remove sheet pan and arrange chicken, onions and peppers, on the sheet pan.
Bake 25 - 30 minutes, brushing halfway through with reserved marinade.
- If You don’t have Southwestern Seasoning, use 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon each cumin, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Fajita season or taco seasoning also work.
- I use organic flour tortillas for the family, and gluten free organic corn tortillas for myself.
Variations for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
- Cut a zucchini and yellow squash into matchsticks and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Add to the Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in the last five minutes of cooking.
- For a little more heat, add in 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper to the marinade.
- Serve with Avocado Cream or Bacon Guacamole.
- Instead of serving with cheddar cheese, serve with crumbled quasi fresco or grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 28.6% | Vitamin C: 77.6% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 3.9%