Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dips is perfect for your clean eating diet. With Greek yogurt and cottage cheese, this easy to make recipe can also be made in your crock pot. Dairy Free, Keto, Keto and vegan options.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Neufchâtel Cheese (4 ounces) softened and cut into chunks (Or Kite Hill Cream Cheese)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese 4 ounces
- 1 cup Greek yogurt 8 ounces - dairy or non-dairy
- 2/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken from Instant Pot Chicken
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or dairy free blue cheese
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese Or Daiya shreds
- For garnish: Additional chopped scallions
- For Serving: tortilla chips pita chips, carrots, celery
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together Neufchâtel cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and hot sauce with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir in chicken, blue cheese, scallions, onions, garlic, and seasonings.
Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Top with Cheddar Cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Variations for Low Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Make it Vegan: Use 8 ounces of vegan cream cheese in place of the Neufchâtel Cheese and cottage cheese. I am a big fan of Kite Hill, which is a nut-based cheese. They have a Jalapeno flavor which is super-spicy and would be great in this if you like things really hot. Use non-dairy yogurt, and either tempeh or chicken substitute (like Beyond Meat or Gardein) in place of the chicken. Omit the blue cheese and top with Daiya Shreds.
- Make it Dairy Free: Follow the same instructions for making this recipe vegan, but leave the chicken in.
- Make it Keto: Use 8 ounces full-fat cream cheesen place of the Neufchâtel Cheese and cottage cheese, and sour cream in place of the yogurt. Serve with carrots, celery, and cauliflower.
- You can use mozzarella in place of the cheddar if you wish.
Serving Suggestions for this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Raw Vegetables - carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper
- Toasted Baguette
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 889mg | Potassium: 180mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4.7% | Vitamin C: 2% | Calcium: 12.6% | Iron: 1.6%