Gluten Free Rosemary Focaccia
Few foods comfort like bread, and this Gluten Free Rosemary Focaccia is one you will turn to again and again. With just 20 minutes of hands-on time, this is an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Rising Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup warm water 105 - 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg room temperature
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- For topping: Fresh or dried rosemary, flaky salt, fresh ground black pepper
Place the water in a small dish or measuring cup and stir in sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture is foamy.
While the yeast is resting, mix together flour, xanthan gum, rosemary, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the yeast mixture and mix well.
Add the liquid to the flour mixture, and beat well in a stand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes. The dough should come together, but will remain sticky.
Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper, and transfer the dough to the pan. Using flour coated hands, carefully press the dough down into the pan.
Brush with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve.
This bread is best served fresh, but may be frozen and reheated.
Focaccia Bread Topping Variations
- Toss a small, thinly sliced red onion, 2 medium cloves of garlic (grated), and a teaspoon of thyme leaves in a small bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil. Scatter on top of the dough and bake as directed.
Top with sliced Kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
Top with 1/4 cup diced red onion and 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.8mg