Turmeric Chicken & Quinoa
This Turmeric Chicken & Quinoa is a healthy one dish meal the whole family will love. Healthy doesn't get much tastier than this turmeric chicken recipe!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken or tempeh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups quinoa rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch Oven, heat the olive oil to medium and add turmeric. Stir and add chicken.
Cook until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Allow to cool and then shred.
Add the onion and ginger and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, curry powder, cumin and quinoa. Cook, string constantly for 3 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pot. Add bay leaves, fish sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 987mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg