Italian Chopped Salad
This Italian Chopped Salad is a great gluten free salad that the whole family will love! It makes a great appetizer or light meal.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 3 oz Gallo Salame chopped
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas drained and rinsed (one can)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 2 scallions sliced thin
- 8 Breton® Gluten Free Crackers crumbled
Make the dressing by combining vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, mustard, sea salt, pepper and sweetener in a blender and processing until smooth.
To make the salad, combine romaine, iceberg, cabbage, Gallo salame, chickpeas, basil, tomato, olives, and scallions in a large bowl. Toss with the desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with Breton® Gluten Free Cracker pieces and serve with additional crackers.
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2545IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3.3mg