Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or snack that feels indulgent, give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without banana a try! This Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie will make you feel like you are indulging, minus the guilt. With creamy peanut butter, tangy yogurt, cocoa powder and ground flax seeds, this is a smoothie you can feel good about serving. Gluten Free and easily made vegan with the use of almond milk and coconut yogurt.
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds ground
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup of ice to taste
- Sweetener to taste (optional) - I use Swerve
Add milk, flax seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla yogurt and peanut butter to your blender.
Process until smooth.
Add ice and sweetener to taste and process again. Serve immediately.
Note: If you are new incorporating flax seeds in your diet, I recommend you start slow. Try a teaspoon per serving.
- Try adding in a frozen banana or a cup of frozen strawberries.
- I've made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with cocoa powder, but you could also use 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- If you would like to reduce the fat, make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with PB2. I would use 2 tablespoons.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 476mg | Iron: 1.9mg