Cranberry Banana Baked Quinoa and Oatmeal
This Cranberry Banana Baked Quinoa and Oatmeal is the perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast recipe that the whole family will love!
- 1 cup oatmeal gluten free or quinoa flakes
- 1 cup quinoa white, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs optional
- 1/3 cup maple syrup more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 bananas very ripe, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries thawed
Preheat oven to 375 and spray olive oil in your pan to prevent sticking.
Mix together oats, quinoa, half of walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs and add in milk, vanilla, maple extract, maple syrup and half of the slightly cooled butter.
Place banana slices on the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 2/3 of the cranberries and cover with oat mixture. Pour wet ingredients over and make sure the dry ingredients are covered. Top with remaining cranberries and walnuts.
Bake for 60 minutes. Drizzle with remaining melted butter and additional maple syrup or sugar if desired.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1.8mg