Spiced Almonds Recipe
These Spicy Slow Cooker Almonds are a delicious addition to your salads and also make a great snack! This slow cooker snack recipe is one you will love!
- 4 cups whole raw almonds
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
Place the lid on your slow cooker and turn to high.
Heat for 25 minutes. Add almonds, oil, garlic, paprika, onion powder, sea salt and ground pepper.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 hours, stirring often.
Turn heat to high and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring often. Serve warm or cool.
Variations for Spiced Almonds
- In place of the smoked paprika and onion powder add in 1 ½ tablespoons dried rosemary.
- In place of the smoked paprika and onion powder add 1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme and 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary.
- Omit the paprika and onion powder and use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground all spice and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1.4mg