Sweet Heat Cabbage & Carrot Slaw
This Sweet & Spicy Slaw is a great easy to make side dish that is packed with flavor. If you like sweet heat, you are going to love this slaw recipe.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries rehydrated
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds pepitas
In a small bowl combine lime juice, maple syrup, cumin, chipotle chili powder and sea salt. Add olive oil in a steady stream and whisk to combine.
In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots and cranberries. Toss with dressing. Refrigerate for one hour. Top with pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2610IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.7mg