Zucchini Fritters Recipe with Feta
Better grab one quick, because these Zucchini Fritters with Feta won't last long! These fritters are a delicious way to eat your veggies that will please kids and adults alike. This Zucchini Fritters recipe is sure to become a staple. Gluten Free, Low Carb and Keto-Friendly
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 3 ounces feta optional
- 4 scallions sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour or gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Ghee for frying or oil
- Tzatziki Sauce for serving
Place zucchini in a colander placed over a plate. Sprinkle well with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, feta, scallions, jalapeno, chives and garlic.
Stir to combine and then add egg, almond flour, baking powder, remaining salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Heat ghee in a large skillet. Using 1/4 cup measure, drop mounds into skillet. Press to flatten.
Cook 7-10 minutes per side, until crisp, adding more oil as needed.
Drain on paper towels and serve with Tzatziki sauce.
Variations for this Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- Substitute cilantro for the chives.
- For a lower carb and keto friendly option, choose Homemade Baking Powder.
- Add in 1/2 cup corn kernels to make zucchini corn fritters.
Serving Suggestions for Zucchini Fritters
- Make Zucchini Fritter Gyros - Make your fritters smaller - about a tablespoon. Place Zucchini Fritters, chopped tomato, chopped red onion and chopped lettuce in gluten-free pita bread. Top with tzatziki sauce.
- Serve with a Greek Salad or in a Greek Salad Wrap.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 25.9mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 1.6mg