Chicken Tacos with Lime Mango Salsa
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa are a delicious and unique twist on a classic! This is an easy weeknight recipe you will make over and over.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken
- 1 cup filtered water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt divided
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- Lime Essential Oil optional
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 12 organic corn tortillas
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cup cabbage shredded
Place chicken, water, cumin, paprika and salt in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken from crock pot. Allow to cool slightly and shred. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 drops of lime essential oil in a small bowl. Add to chicken and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, combine mango, tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1-2 drops of Lime Essential Oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
In another bowl combine Greek yogurt, vinegar and 1 drop of Lime Essential Oil.
Heat tortillas over medium-high heat in a skillet for 20 seconds on each side. Top tortillas with chicken mixture, cabbage and salsa. Top with yogurt sauce and serve.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1.4mg