Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto
Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto is creamy, rich and delicious. It makes a great fall side dish or vegetarian main course.
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh sage chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine you may use additional broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces goat cheese optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
Place broth in a small saucepan and heat to medium low.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil to medium. Add onion and sage and cook for 10 minutes, until the onion has softened. Add garlic and quinoa and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often.
Add wine, sea salt, pepper and chili powder. Cook unit the wine has absorbed and add enough vegetable broth to cover. Continue stirring frequently and adding broth until all but 1/2 cup of the broth has been added.
Add last 1/2 cup of broth, pumpkin puree and goat cheese. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to serving dishes and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3795IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg