Chicken & Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Lime Sauce
These Chicken and Bean Tostadas are a surprisingly healthy dinner that the whole family will love! Served with a yogurt-based Chipotle Lime Sauce, this is a crave-worthy recipe you can feel good about serving.
- 2 teaspoons gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (or tempeh)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 organic corn tortillas or quinoa corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups organic refried beans heated
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 to mato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado halved pitted and peeled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl combine flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt.
Spray a stock pot with oil and add chicken. Cook until browned. Add garlic and spice mixture and cook for one more minute, stirring often. Add broth and vinegar and stir well. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to medium low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate and shred. (Reserve liquid for reheating if desired.)
Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in food pressor and process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Spray both sides of tortillas well with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until just starting to crisp.
Spread refried beans on tortillas and top with cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese melts. Top with chicken, cabbage, tomato, avocado and a dollop of dressing and serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.1g | Protein: 36.4g | Fat: 15.9g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 731mg | Fiber: 8.7g | Sugar: 2.7g