Vegetable Quinoa Salad
This delicious Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad uses the freshest seasonal veggies all in one delicious salad.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup thin sliced fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
Heat an indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Brush both sides of the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill vegetables until tender, flipping once. (You may also grill on an outdoor grill.) Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle cut the vegetables into ½ inch pieces. Stir in quinoa.
Meanwhile make dressing by combining vinegar, olive oil,, garlic, crushed red pepper and sea salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
Toss vegetables and dressing and stir in cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil and chives and serve. (Optional: Sprinkle with goat cheese.)
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 39.7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.3mg