Blueberry Quinoa Muffins
For a healthier take on the classic and delicious blueberry muffin, give these blueberry quinoa muffins a try! They're packed with protein and a guaranteed hit with adults and kids alike!
- ½ cup raw sugar or coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg / 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water
- ¾ cup milk or almond milk
- ¾ cup gluten free flour (with xanthan gum) or unbleached white flour
- ¾ cup quinoa flour preferably toasted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cup blueberries dredged in 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup raw sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat together the sugar and the butter.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add in milk.
Stir together the flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients to the sugar mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
Stir in cooked quinoa.
Dredge the blueberries with flour.
With a spoon, fold in floured blueberries.
Divide the mixture between 12 lined muffin tins.
Topping - Optional
In a small bowl, stir together the flour and sugar.
Mix in butter, using your hands if necessary until the mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle on top of the muffin batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
Recipe adapted from my cookbook, Quintessential Quinoa.
Take Vegan Blueberry Quinoa Muffins, use a flax egg and almond or cashew milk.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualified purchases.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 0.9mg