This Acai Smoothie with Maca Powder makes a delicious snack or a healthy way to start the day. For an extra boost, add in a scoop of protein powder.
Combine cashew milk, banana, strawberries, acai powder, maca powder and ice in a blender. Process until smooth. Garnish with cacao nibs and serve immediately.
Tips for Making this Acai Smoothie Recipe
- When making smoothies, I recommend adding the liquids to the blender first. Then add in powders, followed by solids.
- If you are not using frozen Acai packs, you may mix this smoothie with an immersion blender if you wish.
Variations for Acai Berry Smoothies
- Substitute raspberries or blueberries for the strawberries.
- Add in a cup of spinach or kale for an additional punch of nutrition. (You will want to use a high-speed blender for this option.)
- Use fresh squeezed orange juice in place of the milk.
- For a sweeter smoothie, add in a tablespoon of Swerve or a few soaked dates.
- For extra protein add in protein powder of vanilla yogurt.
- Make this nut-free by using organic soy milk or other tolerated milk of choice.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 48.7mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.8mg