Kale Apple Salad
This Kale Apple Salad is a healthy vegan salad recipe that the whole family will love. It is a fun twist on a classic, with candied walnuts and a lightened up dressing that will become a favorite.
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 2 heads kale chopped fine and massaged (optional)
- 2 heads endive chopped
- 1 head radicchio. chopped
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes sliced in half
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
Combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, dark sesame oil and Swerve in a blender. Process until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine kale, endive, radicchio, apple, grapes, celery and tomatoes. Toss with dressing and serve.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 1085mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 7920IU | Vitamin C: 74.9mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 2.8mg