Asian Chicken Salad
This Asian Chicken Salad makes the perfect weekday lunch! You can toss everything except the avocado ahead of time making it perfect for your busy work week.
- 3.5 ounces Napa Cabbage shredded, about 1/2 head
- 3.5 ounces Kale shredded, about 1 small bunch
- 16 ounces chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 ounces rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Asian Dressing for Serving
Combine cabbage, kale, chicken, carrots and rice noodles in a large bowl.
Toss with Asian Dressing.
Top with scallions, avocado, and sesame seeds and serve.
- If you are making this ahead of time but don't plan on tossing it until the last minute, I would recommend tossing the rice noodles with a touch of olive oil to keep them soft. Alternatively, you can store them in a container filled with water and drain at the last minute.
- Easily make this a vegan Asian Salad by substituting cooked tempeh for the chicken. This Marinated Peanut Tempeh looks amazing.
- Short on time? Use a purchased salad dressing. I really like Newman's own Sesame Ginger Dressing.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8100IU | Vitamin C: 39.4mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 2.3mg