Red Skin Potato Salad with Capers
This Red Skin Potato Salad with Capers is a great way to mix things up. With capers, parsley, and a tangy yogurt-mayo dressing, this Red Skin Potato Salad is anything but traditional.
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 20 ounces baby red potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 4 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup parsley chopped (or marjoram)
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, mustard and red pepper flakes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain.
Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add scallions, capers, and parsley.
Toss with yogurt mixture. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This Red Skin Potato Salad may be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving.
Looking for more ways to make Red Skin Potato Salad? Try these variations!
- Artichoke Pesto Potato Salad: Omit the capers, dressing, and parsley and instead add one can of Reese artichokes, 8 ounces steamed green beans and ½ cup prepared pesto.
- Make Roasted Red Potato Salad by posting the potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Make it a meal by adding 8 ounces of cooked bacon or cooked shredded chicken.
- If you don't have plain yogurt, sour cream makes a great substitute. Alternatively, you can also use mayonnaise.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 23.5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.2mg