Instant Pot Potato Salad
This Instant Pot Potato Salad is light and delicious. With a lemony dressing, the bright flavors are nothing like the heavy potato salads you are used too. One bite and you will fall in love.
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or dill
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
Cook the Potatoes
Place the trivet or metal steamer basket inside your instant pot.
Add the water to the pot.
Place the potatoes on top of the trivet. Sprinkle with salt.
Lock the lid in place and select high pressure.
Set the cook time for 4 minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn the Instant Pot off and move the steam release valve to vent to release pressure. (Be careful; I always wear a potholder when I do this.)
Drain and transfer to a bowl. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly.
Make the Vinaigrette
While the potatoes are cooking, combine the olive oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, garlic and crushed red pepper in a blender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
Variations for this Vegan Potato Salad
- Add 1 cup of black or green olives.
- Substitute green onion for the red onion and add 3 ounces of crumbled blue cheese.
- Add four ounces fresh chopped spinach.
- To the vinaigrette, add in 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish.
- Skip the dressing all-together and instead toss the potatoes with pesto! This is a great recipe for pesto.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Potato Salad
- If you like eggs in your potato salad, you can place 4 uncooked eggs on top of the potatoes and cook them with the potatoes.
- This potato salad can easily stand it room temperature for two hours, making it perfect for potlucks and grill outs.
- I like to dress the potatoes when they are still warm so that they soak up all the goodness! (I do let them cool slightly from the Instant Pot so that they are easier to handle and don't cook the celery and onion.)
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 16.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg