Marinated in a zesty dressing with a hint of heat, these Halloumi Kebabs are the perfect addition to your next grill out. With a mild, salty flavor and a bouncy texture, lightly charred Halloumi combines beautifully with seared vegetables to make the perfect kebab.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar see variations for other options
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Halloumi
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 red pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
Soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
In a blender combine olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, Za’atar, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
Cut the Halloumi into cubes and place in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the halloumi.
Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the fridge.
Add tomatoes, red pepper, and red onion to the dish with the marinade. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Thread halloumi, tomatoes, red pepper and red onion on the soaked skewers.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
Grill about 1 ½ minute per side, until the cheese is lightly charred.
Variations for Halloumi and Vegetable Kebabs
- If you can't find za'atar, use a combination of ground sumac, thyme, oregano, and sesame seeds.
- Eggplant, zucchini, and asparagus are all great additions to the kebabs.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 965IU | Vitamin C: 33.8mg | Calcium: 387mg | Iron: 0.3mg