Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
This easy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is the best hot cocoa you have ever had! It is so simple to make and perfect for parties.
- 4 cups Milk regular or dair free
- 27 ounces canned coconut milk (2 - 13.5 ounce cans)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 5.3 ounce semi-sweet chocolate in small squares (Such as Divine Chocolate baking chocolate semi-sweet)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract more or less to taste (optional)
Add milk, coconut milk, cocoa powder, sweetener, chocolate, vanilla extract and peppermint extract to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 house, stirring occasionally.
If you don't have a crockpot, you can make this on the stovetop. To do this, warm milk, canned coconut milk, cocoa powder, and Swerve sweetener in a saucepan, stirring frequently.
Whisk in chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Ladle into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and peppermint sticks.
- In place of the chocolate bar and peppermint extract, use mint chocolate.
- Make this keto by using heavy cream in place of the milk and coconut milk.
- Omit the peppermint extract and inside add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground ginger for Spiced Hot Chocolate.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg