This DIY Healthy Chocolate Gummy recipe with gelatin is easy to make and so healthy! Kids love them and they are perfect for snacks.
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Confectioners or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put 1/2 cup of the cashew milk in a bowl or large measuring cup. Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk. Set aside.
Heat the remaining cashew milk in a saucepan over medium heat, until warm (About 5 minutes.). Whisk in Swerve and cook until dissolved.
Remove from heat. Whisk in the gelatin mixture until dissolved.
Transfer to a blender, and cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
Carefully pour into gummy molds.
Place in the freezer for 15 - 30 minutes, until set.
Variations for this Gummy Bear Recipe
- If you would like a firmer gummy, you can increase the gelatin by one tablespoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter powder for a Chocolate Pean
Tips for Making this Gummy Candy Recipe
- If it is taking you a while to get your gummy molds filled, you may want to re-blend the mixture to make sure that nothing settles on the bottom.
- I do not recommend ordering gummy molds labeled as miniature. I did this, thinking they would be the size of normal gummy bears and they were so tiny that they were almost pointless.
Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg