Ham and Cheese Salad
Easy recipes like this Ham and Cheese Salad are perfect for easy lunches or a casual summer dinner. Finish with a sprinkling of flaky salt and fresh ground black pepper if you like.
- 16 ounces Hillshire Farm Uncured Ham Steak cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 12 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil I used extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sweetener of choice I used powdered erythritol
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss the ham, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.
In a blender combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sweetener, Dijon mustard, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper and process until emulsified.
Toss the salad with the desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5334IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2mg