about the recipe
For a delicious and healthy snack, try these delightful 6-ingredient Air Fryer Apple Chips! The crispy texture is so satisfying, and they taste like an absolute treat. The maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon glaze add a burst of flavor, while a pinch of cayenne gives the chips an irresistible little kick! And thanks to the magic of the air fryer, they can be ready in about 30 minutes. (Once cooked, you can store them for up to a week!)
– 1 tablespoon oil – 1 onion diced – 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped – 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast or thighs – 16 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package directions – 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped – 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature – ¾ cup ranch dressing – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
– Remove the core from the top 1 inch and bottom 1 inch of each apple. – Use a mandoline or sharp knife to cut into ⅛-inch thick slices.
– In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. – Brush the apple slices with the mixture.
– Preheat your air fryer to 375 ° F.
– Arrange the apple slices in a single layer, working in batches.
– Reduce the heat to 325° F. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the desired crispness is achieved.
– Allow to cool. The apple chips will continue to crisp up as they cool.