about the recipe
Get ready to indulge in the most scrumptious Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls! These homemade cinnamon rolls are delightfully soft and fluffy and come together with just about 25 minutes of hands-on time. Packed with a warm and sugary cinnamon filling, these rolls have a slightly crispy exterior that gives way to a soft, gooey center. With this easy-to-follow guide, your home will be filled with a delicious aroma in no time!
Dough – ¾ cup whole milk – 1 large egg at room temperature and beaten – 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted – 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract – 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour – ¼ cup granulated sugar – 1 teaspoon rapid-rise yeast – ½ teaspoon salt Filling – ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature – ½ cup light brown sugar – 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon For the Glaze – ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar – 1 ½ -2 tablespoons milk – ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– Place the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to combine. – Add the flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
– Mix using the dough hook until the mixture forms a ball, about 5 to 7 minutes. – Remove the dough from the mixer bowl, and gently shape it into a ball. Grease a medium bowl and add the dough. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
– Spread the filling mixture over the dough. – From the long side, roll the dough until a log. Cut into 8 rounds using a serrated knife.
– Arrange the rounds in a greased pan that fits into your air fryer. – Cover with a damp towel, and let rise for 35 minutes.
– Preheat your air fryer to 325° F. Cook the cinnamon rolls for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
– Turn the air fryer off, and let the cinnamon rolls sit in the air fryer for another 5 minutes. (This will help ensure they are cooked all the way through without getting too brown.)
– White the cinnamon rolls are cooking in the air fryer, make the glaze by combining the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
– Remove the cinnamon rolls from the air fryer and drizzle with the icing. – Serve warm.