about the recipe
What could be more comforting than a warm apple pear crisp on a chilly day? This easy recipe is perfect for a quick and satisfying dessert. The combination of apples and pears makes for a sweet and tart flavor that will leave you wanting more. Top it with ice cream for the ultimate treat.
– 1 ½ pounds apples peeled, cored, and sliced – 1 ½ pounds pears peeled cored, and slice – ½ cup all purpose flour – ¼ cup white sugar – 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon – 1 lemon juiced – ⅔ cup brown sugar – ½ cup cold butter cut into bits – ¾ cup rolled oats – ⅓ cup chopped pecans – ⅛ teaspoon salt
– Preheat the oven to 375 ° F. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with butter or oil. (You can also use a cast iron skillet.)
– Place the apples and pears in a large bowl.
– Whisk together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. – Toss the flour mixture with the fruit and lemon juice.
– Arrange in the prepared baking dish. – In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, rolled oats, chopped pecans, and salt. – Use clean fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
– Cubed butter on top of brown sugar, oats and pecans in a red bow.
– Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. – Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!