about the recipe
Looking for an easy, comforting weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love? Look no further than this Baked Spaghetti with Cream Cheese! Cooked al dente noodles are layered with a tomato-based meat sauce and then given a creamy twist with the addition of cream cheese. The best part? This recipe can be whipped up in just a few simple steps and baked in the oven for about 25 minutes!
– 16 ounces spaghetti – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – 1 pound ground beef – 1 onion chopped – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 5 cups marinara sauce – 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature – 8 ounces parmesan cheese grated – 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – 16 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray. – Cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions; be careful not to overcook. Drain.
– While the pasta cooks heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until the ground beef starts to brown.
– In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
– Place ½ cup of the marinara in the bottom of the casserole dish. – Top with half of the noodles.
– Top with half of the remaining sauce.
-Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
– Add the remaining noodles, marinara sauce, and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil. – Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until warm and bubbly. I recommend removing the foil in the last 10 minutes of baking time.