about the recipe
Waffles are a great option for breakfast or brunch, and these Banana Oatmeal Waffles are sure to be a hit! Perfectly spiced with hints of banana and vanilla, they’re light, fluffy, and filled with wholesome ingredients. Serve with your favorite toppings, and be prepared for happy smiles all around.
– 2 ⅓ cups old fashioned oats – ½ cup all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose blend – 1 tablespoon sugar – 1 teaspoon baking powder – ½ teaspoon baking soda – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 ½ cups milk or buttermilk – 2 large eggs – 2 overripe bananas – ¼ cup melted unsalted butter – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Preheat your waffle iron to low.
– Place the oats in your blender and process until finely ground.
– Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– Put the milk, eggs, bananas, butter, and vanilla in the blender and process until smooth and frothy.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
– Spray your waffle iron and add the batter to it. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.