about the recipe
Craving a delicious cheesy sandwich that everyone will love? This Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak is sure to delight! When you combine thin slices of steak with gooey melted cheese and perfectly charred veggies, you have an easy dinner perfect for weeknight dinners and casual entertaining.
– 2 pounds thinly sliced steak – 2 teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon black pepper – Oil for the griddle – 2 bell peppers sliced – 2 onions sliced – 2 cloves garlic minced – 6 sliced provolone cheese – 6 hoagie rolls sliced and lightly toasted
– Season the steak with salt and pepper and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
– Heat the Blackstone Griddle to medium heat, about 375 ° F to 400 ° F. – Oil the griddle well.
– Add onion and cook for 8 minutes. – Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the peppers; cook for another 6 to 8 minutes.
– While the peppers are cooking, heat the other side of the griddle to medium-high. – Add the steak to the hotter side of the griddle.
– Cook until browned and cooked through about 3 minutes.
– Add the cheese slices to the top of the steak and cover. Cook until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
– Removed the cheese, steak, and vegetables from the griddle. – Fold the cheese into the steak. – Form sandwiches with the rolls, steak mixture, onions, and peppers.