about the recipe
When you are craving tender, juicy chicken in a rich teriyaki sauce, it doesn’t get any better than this Blackstone teriyaki chicken! The homemade teriyaki sauce combines the perfect mix of sweet and spicy to give you a mouthwatering dish that is sure to satisfy your cravings. Serve the chicken and vegetables alone, with rice, or with noodles. No matter how you choose to serve griddled teriyaki chicken, it will certainly make for an unforgettable meal.
Teriyaki Sauce – ⅓ cup mirin rice wine – ⅓ cup soy sauce – ¼ cup water or chicken broth – 2 ½ tablespoons sugar – 2 teaspoons cornstarch – 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger – ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Chicken and Vegetables – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – Avocado oil for the griddle – 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into strips – 8 ounces snap peas trimmed For Finishing – 1 tablespoon sesame oil – 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– Combine the mirin, soy sauce, water, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
– Cook until thickened, about 8 minutes.
– Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
– Preheat your griddle to medium heat and oil it well.
– Add the chicken and veggies and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the sauce.
– Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through. – Drizzle with the sesame oil and stir well. Remove from heat. Serve with the remaining sauce.