about the recipe
Satisfy your hunger, energy, and nutritional needs with this delicious Blueberry Banana Smoothie! This yummy smoothie is protein packed, loaded with nutrients, and the perfect easy breakfast recipe. It is the perfect way to start your day off right!
– 1 cup almond milk more to desired consistency – 1 banana frozen – 1 cup blueberries frozen – 1 scoop vanilla protein powder – 1 teaspoon cinnamon – Optional: – 1 teaspoon maca powder – ¼ teaspoon vitamin C powder
– If desired, add in maca powder and vitamin C powder.
– If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk or water to desired consistency and blend.
Variations for this Blueberry Banana Smoothie:
– Add a healthy dose of greens by throwing in a handful of chopped parsley or spinach. – Don’t like bananas? Use mango or orange instead and if it isn’t sweet enough add in in touch of stevia or Swerve.
– If protein powder isn’t your thing, try using a ½ cup plain, vanilla, or blueberry yogurt instead. Another great option to boost protein without using protein powder is 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter. – Add a refreshing kick with one small seeded and diced cucumber. – Add in ¼ cup cooked quinoa and 1 tablespoon chia seeds for an extra nutrient boost.
Get More Recipes