about the recipe
This Blueberry Quinoa Muffins recipe has been a staple in my kitchen (and freezer) ever since it was published in my first cookbook back in 2012. The cooked quinoa packs these delicious bites with tons of protein, making them a healthy way to start your day or keep you going till dinner.
– ½ cup raw sugar or coconut palm sugar – ½ cup butter softened – 1 egg or 1 flax egg / 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water – ¾ cup milk or almond milk – ¾ cup gluten free flour (with xanthan gum) – ¾ cup quinoa flour preferably toasted – 2 teaspoon baking powder – ½ teaspoon salt – ¼ teaspoon baking soda – ½ cup cooked quinoa – 1 ½ cup blueberries dredged in 3 tablespoons gluten free flour Optional Topping – ½ cup gluten free flour – ¼ cup raw sugar or coconut palm sugar – 3 tablespoons butter softened
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. – Beat together the sugar and the butter.
– In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add in milk.
– Stir together the flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
– Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients to the sugar mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.