about the recipe
For a delicious twist on classic mashed potatoes, give these Boursin Mashed Potatoes a try! They will tantalize your taste buds with their creamy, tangy flavor. You'll love how the Boursin cheese creates a silky texture while adding loads of garlicky herb goodness. Whether you're looking for a decadent side for entertaining or just an everyday meal upgrade, these creamy mashed potatoes are sure to hit the spot!
– 4 pounds russet potatoes – ⅓ cup butter sliced – 2 5.3 oz packages garlic herb Boursin, at room temperature – ¾ cup to 1 cup of whole milk – 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – Fresh chives for garnish
– Peel your potatoes and cut them into chunks. Place in a large pot of salted water.
– Bring the potatoes to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
– Drain, and place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the butter slices.
– Mash using a potato masher.
– Crumble the Boursin cheese and stir it into the potatoes.
– Add ¾ cup of whole milk, salt, and pepper. Stir just until the cheese is melted and everything is incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Additional milk as needed to reach the desired consistency.