about the recipe
Making homemade yeast rolls sounds complicated, but in reality, it is much easier than you imagine. Bread machine dinner rolls are surprisingly simple to make and the perfect way to elevate any meal. Give them a try, and I think they will become your go-to comfort food just like they are mine.
– 1 ¼ cup whole milk – 1 large egg beaten – ⅓ cup honey – 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening melted – 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted – 1 ½ teaspoons fine salt – 3 ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons bread flour – 2 ¼ teaspoons bread machine yeast instant yeast – 1 egg beaten – For Topping – ¼ cup butter melted – 1- 2 teaspoons minced garlic optional – Flaky salt
– Place the milk, egg, honey, vegetable shortening, butter, salt, flour, and yeast in your bread machine.
– Process on the dough cycle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Line a 2 ¾ quart baking dish with parchment paper. – Divide the dough into 12 pieces and cover with plastic wrap. Shape the pieces into balls by stretching and folding the sides over into the center of the dough.
– Flip the balls so they are seam side down, and roll them into balls.
– Arrange the balls into the baking dish. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 350° F.
– Brush the rolls with the egg. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
– Let the rolls cool in the dish for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack. – Melt the butter in a small pan. If desired, add the garlic and stir well.
– Brush the butter on top of the rolls and sprinkle with flakey salt.