about the recipe
Bread Machine Monkey Bread is a fun recipe that turns simple ingredients to a mouthwatering treat that is fluffy and gooey. The magic begins in the bread machine, where we create a perfect dough that's then shaped into bite-sized pieces and baked to golden perfection in the oven. We then finish it of with a simple glaze. This hands-on recipe is a delightful way to introduce the joys of baking to the whole family. Best of all, it results in a scrumptious dessert that everyone will adore.
Dough – 1 cup whole milk – ⅓ cup water – 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted – 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour – ¼ cup sugar – 2 ¼ teaspoons bread machine yeast – 2 teaspoons salt
Coating – 1 cup packed brown sugar 7 ounces – ¼ cup sugar 1 ¾ ounces – 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon – ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly Glaze – 1 cup confectioners’ sugar – 2 tablespoons whole milk
– Add the milk, water, butter, vanilla, flour, sugar, yeast and salt to your bread machine. Process on the dough setting according to manufacturers instructions. – Refrigerate the dough overnight if desired. If refrigerated, allow to sit at room temperature before proceeding.
– When ready to put the bread together, make the coating by combining the brown sugar , sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. – Put the melted butter in another bowl.
– Grease a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan very well. – Lightly flour a pastry mat or clean counter. Press the dough into an 8-inch square. – Cut the dough into 8 strips, and then cut each strip into 8 pieces, for a total of 64 pieces. Cover loosely with plastic.
– Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is a deep golden brown.
– Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then carefully invert onto a platter and let cool for 10 minutes.
– Make the glass by whisking together the confectioners sugar and milk.
– Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Serve warm.