about the recipe
When you need an appetizer that wows a crowd, these Buffalo Potatoes deliver. Potato cubes are fried until crispy and then seasoned to perfection. The finishing touch is a drizzle of creamy buffalo sauce and a sprinkle of blue cheese and scallions. The result is a snack or side that is sure to delight!
– 12 ounces gluten free bread cut into cubes – 2 tablespoons avocado oil – 1 medium onion chopped – 2 carrots chopped – 2 celery stalks chopped – 1 large Gala apple diced (or 2 small) – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – ¾ cup pecans toasted and chopped – ½ cup dried cranberries – 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped or 2 teaspoons dried – 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped or 1 teaspoon dried – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 cups broth – 2 large eggs – ¼ cup grass-fed butter – For Cooking: Parchment paper and Foil
– Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover them with water. Add the vinegar to a pot. – Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
– Cook for 6 minutes. – Drain, and transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
– Heat ¼-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. – Add half of the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
– Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and transfer to a fresh paper towel lined baking sheet. Season with ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika. – Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
– While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, garlic, and smoked paprika.
– Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter. – Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the blue cheese and scallions.